Saturday, December 13, 2008

PHO-nomenal!

Vietnam is amazing. I ate this bowl of soup called pho (pronounced "fuh," which, as one can imagine, provides endless possibilities of puns in the English language), and it was so good I cried. I'm not kidding. It's a rich broth with cilantro and lime and a hint of chilies, with slippery noodles and juicy shaved pork. *tear* I think I'll go get some when I'm done with this entry.

Hanoi is busy, noisy, beachy, dirty, and happy. People have big eyes and beautiful smiles. Lots of motorcycles! Palm trees are everywhere, but there's a displaced sunlight all the time because of fog/pollution. It makes the atmosphere sort of hazy and sleepy. There are about 4 Vietnamese boys staring over my shoulder while their friends play computer games next to me in this Internet cafe. I've been here for awhile so I should probably wrap it up, even though this probably won't cost me more than about 30 cents. Pho is about 75 cents. This place is crazy. I'm going exploring.

More later!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't believe you never had Pho noodles when you were here in Arcasia...LOL