Friday, November 21, 2008

In Tokyo and Nothing To Do

So I am sitting at the hostel in the lounge with nothing to do on a Friday night in Tokyo. None of my friends are here yet...plus it is cold outside and I don´t feel like wandering around. There is a table full of drunk Russians on my left and across from me there is a very cute blond Russian boy who looks like a soccer/lacrosse/rugby type. When we made eye contact he smiled a very wolfish smile. Did I mention that I am in a bunk dormitory in this hostel so there are BOYS in my room? How awkward. Well there must not be any issues with this because this is one of the best rated hostels in Tokyo, according to Lonely Planet. Don´t worry, I know self defense. I hope I didn´t just give you a heart attack, mom.

What can I say in Russian? ¨I speak a little Russian?¨ Then he´ll TALK to me in Russian and I won´t understand. The Russian on my right keeps laughing at my pink computer and asking me questions like how many words per minute can I type and why is it pink and other things. He has his hair in a ponytail and, in a black turtleneck sweater, looks like the poet-type who takes his work too seriously and spends half an hour trimming his facial hair around his chin in the morning so it looks Just Right. No Thank You.

Man I am so bored!! What the heck is there to do!!!!

No comments: